Friday, January 23, 2009

Parenting


My friends and I were talking about parenting; the question is do you believe that parenting "tactics" come from race, culture, social caste or location of where you rear your children. This also brings up the topic of is it okay to spank (discipline) but not beat your children?
Myself having grown up with spankings from dad's belt, quickly figured out that if I was getting the belt whatever I had done was not okay and that I should not do that again. It has shaped who I've become today and I would never look at my dad as someone who was cruel to me. As for the lists above and where it derives from I want to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I think that spanking your child is a perfectly fine punishment if the crime warrants it. I think that spankings are more considered the "norm" here in the south. in the bible belt the phrase spare the rod spoil the child is common practice. I also think that the middle to lower class is more likely to spank there children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete